UT Vegetable Production Program
The Vegetable Extension program focuses on providing innovations in production practices, aiding in cultivar selection, developing alternative crops, maximizing crop nutrition and flavor, and reducing the use of off-farm inputs, such as chemical fertilizers and pesticides, for Tennessee growers through research and education throughout the state.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities:
- TAEP Producer Diversification Cost Share Program. Click here for a link to the FY 2016-2017 schedule
- Crop Planning for Vegetable Growers: December 14 webinar, 11 am
- Southeast Regional Fruit and Vegetable Conference January 5-8 in Savannah, GA
- Kentucky Fruit and Vegetable Conference, January 9-10 in Lexington, KY
- Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group Conference: Practical Tools and Solutions for Sustaining Family Farms, January 25-28, 2017, Lexington, KY
- Produce Safety Alliance Train the Trainer Workshop
Pick TN Conference Febuary 16-18 in Franklin, TN
27th Annual Greenhouse Tomato Short Course 2 March 7-8, Eagle Ridge, MississippiOther Produce Safety Alliance Courses click here
News & Announcements
- USDA Farm to School Grant Program. Click here for more information.
- UT Farmers Market - Click here for more information.
- Are Local Salad Greens Safer Than Packaged Salad Greens? Click here for more information.
- Your Salad: A Search For Where The Wild Things Were. Click here for more information.
- Cantaloupe Food Safety Tool Launched. Click here for more information.
- Dow, Monsanto Herbicide-Tolerant Crops Need U.S. Study. Click here for more information.
- Dole recalls bagged salad in 15 states for salmonella. Click here for more information.
- USDA Unveils Know Your Farmer Know Your Food Compass. Click here for more information.
- Follow News and Updates about the UT Farmer's Market on Facebook by clicking here.
For questions related to vegetable production in your area, please contact your county Extension Office.
Click Here, to contact your local vegetable expert.