UT Vegetable Production Program
The Vegetable Extension program focuses on providing innovations in production practices, aiding in cultivar selection, developing alternative crops, maximizing crop nutrition and flavor, and reducing the use of off-farm inputs, such as chemical fertilizers and pesticides, for Tennessee growers through research and education throughout the state.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities:
- TAEP Producer Diversification Cost Share Program. Click here for a link to the FY 2016-2017 schedule
- UT 2016 field days:
*Tobacco & Forage Production – July 21, AgResearch Center at Greeneville
*Milan No-Till – July 28, AgResearch Center at Milan
*Steak and Potatoes – August 2, Plateau AgResearch Center (Crossville)
*Cotton Tour – September 7, West Tennessee AgResearch Center (Jackson)
*Northeast Tennessee Beef Expo – October 13, AgResearch Center at Greeneville
*Woods and Wildlife – October 14, Forest Resources AgResearch Center – Oak Ridge Forest
News & Announcements
- USDA Farm to School Grant Program. Click here for more information.
- UT Farmers Market - Click here for more information.
- Are Local Salad Greens Safer Than Packaged Salad Greens? Click here for more information.
- Your Salad: A Search For Where The Wild Things Were. Click here for more information.
- Cantaloupe Food Safety Tool Launched. Click here for more information.
- Dow, Monsanto Herbicide-Tolerant Crops Need U.S. Study. Click here for more information.
- Dole recalls bagged salad in 15 states for salmonella. Click here for more information.
- USDA Unveils Know Your Farmer Know Your Food Compass. Click here for more information.
- Follow News and Updates about the UT Farmer's Market on Facebook by clicking here.
For questions related to vegetable production in your area, please contact your county Extension Office.
Click Here, to contact your local vegetable expert.